CLIMATE SOLUTIONS & PRIORITIES: IT’S TIME FOR A SPECIFIC, SIMPLE PLAN
UPDATE: Bruce (BF) Nagy is of course not doing live presentations during the pandemic. However, he is the host of several series of webinars. Audiences include municipal and government policy planners, architects, engineers, developers, and corporate managers.
Bruce (BF) Nagy speaks to individuals, homeowners, families, businesspeople, architects, engineers, planners and government managers.
He tells stories about successful case studies, best practices in clean energy technologies & government programs.
He provides top 5 or top 10 lists of climate action priorities and also discusses all of the costs, savings, ROI, and other practical considerations when adopting clean energy technology.
Bruce (BF) Nagy is a writer and speaker, the author of The Clean Energy Age (Rowman & Littlefield) and more than 190 feature articles and magazine columns on clean energy technology, government programs and energy economics. In the past 18 years he has interviewed hundreds of experts on clean energy solutions, and advises and writes for government leaders, international and technical journals, research firms, corporations, NGOs, and professional organizations.
The Clean Energy Age has been endorsed by Catherine McKenna, Canada’s Minister of Environment & Climate Change, and has received numerous positive reviews.
- Columnist – Plumbing Engineer Magazine (ASPE), Chicago
- Contributing Editor & Features – Ontario Technologist Magazine (OACETT)
- Contributing Editor & Features – Plumbing & HVAC, Toronto
- Occasional contributor: New York Times – IBT (Clean Energy), New York
- Occasional contributor: Open Access Government. Liverpool, UK
- Globe & Mail, Beach Metro News and other newspapers.
- Writer – Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI)
- Webinars/seminars for architects, engineers, government planners
- Writer & video producer – Ontario Geothermal Association
- Writer & video producer – CanSIA (solar) and FC Intelligence UK (wind power)
- Clean energy consultant at three government levels
- Long time member of Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project, Chicago
- Author of The Clean Energy Age 2018 – Rowman & Littlefield, Washington DC
A simplified understanding of our priorities and effective planning tools for individuals and organizations. How to save our planet, while flourishing personally and professionally.
- How passive house technology, heat pumps, ERVs and prefab panels are being used in affordable housing projects in Portland, Boston Woodstock, and Ottawa to dramatically reduce operating costs, and improve healthy outcomes.
- How electric fleet vehicles significantly decrease municipal GHG footprints, fuel and maintenance costs in New York City, Vancouver, and elsewhere.
- How batteries/microgrids are an exploding private sector solution for peak shaving.
- How energy storage and software is being used for load management for islanded campus resilience in NY & California, eliminating crippling diesel costs for remote communities in Coleville Lake and the Scilly islands, and for utility cyber security in Ukraine.
- How ground source (geothermal) and water source heating & cooling at Universities in Massachusetts, New York, and Montreal institutions and work beautifully for district cooling and heating.
- Also: water conservation technology, solar for school rooftops, AI for energy savings in smart buildings, enhanced reality for contruction efficiencies in green buildings, conservation and natural refrigerants in arenas, guaranteed energy savings for government projects, clean energy funding, incentive models, and more.
“ I can’t thank you enough for coming last night. I got so much out of your clear and informed presentation and I know I’m definitely not the only one. You are a really great explainer and your hope is contagious. I think it’s safe to say everyone left feeling really positive. I just really can’t say enough how much I appreciate your time.” -Jen Ball, Professor of Sociology, Humber College
“Thanks so much again for taking the time to present to the municipalities on Friday. I think it went really well. People are starting to come around that net zero emissions is doable at competitive costs, which is fantastic, as I know a lot of municipalities are updating their corporate green development standards and we want to move them towards net zero emissions as the new goal. Thank you for you support on this and for being so generous with your time and knowledge. Speak to you soon.” -Gaby (Gabriella) Kalapos, Executive Director, Clean Air Partnership
“All kinds of useful information from the wonderful Bruce Nagy.” -Mary Jane Popp, The Poppoff Show, KAHI-AM Sacramento, California
“Nagy offers his advice for homeowners who want to clean up their carbon footprint. He also shares his observations on the environmental progress being made…across many sectors of the economy. You’ll come away…with many actions to take.” – Mitch Ratcliffe, Earth 911, Seattle
“How wonderful, what you’ve done. Thanks so much.” -Frankie Boyer, The Frankie Boyer Show, BizTalkRadio.com, Arkansas/Massachusetts
“Wonderful information, important information that we all need to know…sounded the alarm for me.” – Larry Rifkin, America Trends
“This not about shaming or scolding people. You really give a great interview. I’d like to have you back” – Geoffrey Riley, The Jefferson Exchange KSOR Radio California & Oregon
“Thanks again for participating in our meeting this past Saturday. I have received a lot of positive feedback regarding your presentation. People found it very interesting. Maybe in the future we can organize another technical presentation for our group (Engineers).” – Nadine Rush, C.E.T., OACETT
“Thank you for presenting the Sustainability on Set and at Home seminar to IATSE 667. and creating an environment for a productive and successful meeting…Your presentation provided a great opportunity for members to acquire valuable knowledge and have constructive discussions around making our worlds greener. We hope you can join us again at another time in the future.” -Beth Nobes, Training and Membership Coordinator, International Cinematographers Guild, I.A.T.S.E. Local 667
“Thanks for doing an excellent job addressing the Mayor’s Task Force at Lakehead University. I am beginning discussions later this week on the follow-on meetings that you and I spoke about.” -Stan Mathewson, Director, Sustainable Orillia
“Thank you for the marvellous webinar. Just watched it and am so inspired by both the content and the delivery. I will use some of your information in a talk I am giving tonight: will make it so much more hopeful in the face of everything.” -Gaye Taylor, Climate Reality, Ottawa